Tuesday 20 March 2012

Tie-Dye Nail Art

Was browsing the net as you do, and came across this very beautiful tie-dye backpack. I absolutely loved it until I found out it was £300!! (Way out of my price bracket). I really loved the pastel colours, and how they all merged together seamlessly. Instead I decided to use the pattern as inspiration for my tie-dye nails.

It is pretty easy to recreate the pattern, and I must say a lot of fun too! I used white polish as my base coat, and sponged a variety of pastel colours on top of it. Before my nails were fully dry, I applied a clear top coat to help the colours merge together. As if by magic, my tie-dye nails were born!





Products used:
  • Rimmel: I Love Lasting Finish - London Clouds
  • Claire's Cosmetics: Chip Resistant - 774
  • Rimmel: Lycra Pro - Ultra Violet
  • Rimmel: Lycra Pro - Peppermint
  • Barry M: Nail Paint - Lemon
  • Rimmel: I Love Lasting Finish - Strawberry Fizz
  • Maybelline: Express Finish - Base & Top Coat


K



16 comments:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, will try them for myself some time :)

    http://vckyv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My!!! Those nails are fantastic, I must try this sometime.
    You've got talent lovely!!
    I'm hosting a giveaway in celebration of my beautiful followers. Check it out, if you like: http://www.lollycoral.com/2012/03/returning-love-giveaway.html
    <3 Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! I would love to try it out.
    Found & followed via the blog hop :)

    Rachel, treat-party.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this- amazing dreamy pastels and a retro look. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on this! I especially love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo pretty!! I die at the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *BlogHop* You are so good! I need to start trying this myself-inspired! Always, SOULBeauitful www.alilpieceofmySOUL.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should do a review on how you did this! :)

    Lola@LolaStarHearts..x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, LOVE this ! Such a good idea :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow I seriously have to try this
    they look awesome
    serendipity - a style blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanna do this!!!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are amazing.. I will be trying this out!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gah these are gorgeous, MUST try this out. Thanks for the link lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. frickin love your blog so glad you followed me and commented so i got to check your blog out!! x

    ReplyDelete