Thursday 5 April 2012

The Spring Spirit: Floral Nail Art

I've been loving the sunshine up until recently; the weather has definitely took a turn for the worst. Sadly I've got an assignment due next week, so had to come back to uni early so I can actually concentrate. Was great being home over the Easter break chilling in the sunshine out in the garden. Mum dragged me along to a garden centre to pick up some flowers because she wanted me to plant them in the garden. Unfortunately I didn't get to finish planting them all before I left - Sorry Mum!

Here are the plants we ended up buying, and the wall basket I made:


I think that burst of sunshine done me well, as I'm now feeling rather refreshed! I miss my garden as at uni I live in a flat and not only does it not have many windows, but it also does not have a garden or any kind of communal outdoor space.

I showed you guys my new Revlon purchases that I managed to pick up for a quid in my last post, and forgot to mention that they were from Poundworld. Get yourselves down there to see if you can still get your hands some!!! Anyway back to the subject - I was meant to be doing uni work today but got rather stressed, so thought what better way to relax than a bit of nail art. Not just any old nail art, but some nice floral nails to get me back into the spring spirit. They didn't take long either as I was already wearing the base colour from the last post! (Revlon: Nail Enamel-Plum Night)

(Indoor light)





(Outdoor light)





Products used:
  • Revlon: Nail Enamel - Plum Night
  • Barry M: Nail Paint - Lemon
  • Beautyuk: Glam Nails - Fushia
  • Maybelline: Express Finish - Base & Top Coat


Anyone get up to anything nice during the days when it was sunny?



K




39 comments:

  1. OMG that is so cute I have t try this.

    http://laurencesobsession.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. Love your blog. Am now following :)

    http://decisi0nsdecisi0ns.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, these are brilliant! You're super talented.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! So cute!! Great post. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such a perfect job! The flowers are totally adorable and the color coordination (in the sunlight) is magnifique!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING!! really like the wall basket too I want one!!
    xx

    fawnandbambi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wall basket, seriously! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :) I'm actually a bit hungry myself ahah Where in the UK do you live?

    xo Joana

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wall basket is too cute :) As is your manicure, it is amazingly neat and well-applied. The design is adorable and the colours go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cannot believe you did these yourself! They are amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. You did these yourself?
    It's amazing ! Great !

    http://picturexrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woaahh how did you do these? they are gorgeous :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your nails are amazing!
    I wish I had a steadier hand!!!!!
    It looks like you had a lovely time in the sun.. I just spent lots of my time in Beer Gardens!!
    LottieBot xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. well done! I could never have achieved anything so neat
    serendipity - a style blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. that looks amazing, my hands are not steady enough to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing! I thought it was some wrap thing, they're so precise. Great job!

    x
    theurbanpod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the floral nail art! I wish I could do mine so neatly :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahah, this is a bit of the countryside I guess. But I don't live here, I live in Lisbon. I moved there when I went to uni. It's definitely not as pretty as this place!


    xo Joana

    ReplyDelete
  18. perfectt nails!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. had to follow you because you're nail art is amazing! love those flowers

    lorihearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Overwhelmed with all the nice comments that you all have left!!! Bogged down with uni work atm, but your comments have put a smile on my face. In response to your comments, they are really simple and easy to do! I used a dotting tool to build up the flower. Maybe if or when I get a time I shall try and do a picture tutorial?

    As for the wall basket, it was my first attempt at making one! Wouldn't be suprised if the plants die next week ha. I'll keep you posted guys!

    Kira

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow love this! Looks really professional x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, your nails look amazing- obviously the work of someone very skilled :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Genius nails! :D
    Must take you a long time to do all yours nails like that..

    x Yunes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing design!
    New follower :)

    http://www.emsheis.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. loveeee your blog honey
    just keep posting and go for it :):)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much for the comment, I love your blog!! This design is soo cute, I love it :)

    xx

    www.dotlash.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey, just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award!

    xx
    theurbanpod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, just dropping by to tell you I've nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award! :)

    xo Joana

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow! Those are the cutest!! I've always wanted to do something like that.. Except I have shakey hands.. You did perfect!!

    Kisses! xxx

    ilikeyourears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like your post so much! Your nails are really gorgeous!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Win a $80 gift card to spend on The Quiet Riot

    ReplyDelete
  32. Omg I love these nails they are amazing! You truly have a talent! xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey :) I wanted to tell you I nominated for the versatile blogger award :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. AWESOME!! Those nails look fantastic. I wish i could that colour off, but I am too pale :)

    Luc X

    http://loveluc.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow that is soooo soo cute :D Never seen a similar design before! xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. That is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMG amazing!! Really cute!!

    http://emi-doll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete